The American Sikh Council (ASC) is shocked how the leaders of the Indian government mock and patronize the farmers in general while demeaning and disrespecting them continuously with the collaboration of the media, because today the ‘cat is out of the bag’ and even a 5th grade student understands the gravity of the incredibly determinantal effects of the three Farm Laws enacted unconstitutionally.
How can a government which is feigning to be honest, yet is downright corrupt, hold itself up in the court of public opinion, while pretending to do right by the farmers? The proof is in the pudding and out in the open for the entire world to see.
In the last two months the leaders of all the farmer’s unions have collectively given non-stop statements after every one of the ten sham meetings with the government and being completely transparent about their wants even holding meetings with the press. Every normal, ethical and democratic government always holds press conferences in such situations, but the Modi regime has not held a single press conference apprising the public about its intent or progress, rather treating the peaceful protestors as enemies of the state with an air of disdain.
Two well-known examples show the world class corruption and dismantling of all the four pillars (legislature, executive, judiciary and media) of the Indian government.
- The infamous Gujarat Genocide of Muslims in February 2002 which involved the then Chief Minister Modi and currently India’s Prime Minister. After many investigations, but especially after the shocking evidence presented with eye witnesses by Journalist Rana Ayoub there is simply no doubt about the perpetrators and their direct and nefarious role in the murder of thousands of overwhelmingly innocent Muslims, men, women and children. Yet the judiciary ignored and belittled Ayoub’s findings and let all the major criminals get away scot free, while some of them rule India.
- The other longstanding blemish on India has been the demolition of the Babri Masjid in December 1992. The Supreme Court of India came out with a verdict finally in November 2019 handing over the disputed site to the Hindu majority, who claimed that their god Ram was born at the location. The verdict was based on over a thousand pages of mythology, simply to appease an emboldened majority populace.
At a bare minimum unless and until the judiciary and media are genuinely independent and conduct themselves ethically the country is eventually doomed.
It is shocking that out of 545 elected members of parliament 163 have criminal records and 123 have serious criminals’ records, totaling 286. It is mind-boggling that over 52% of India’s elected legislatures are certified criminals, yet the Indian government is calling anyone but especially all religious minorities who question them, as traitors, terrorists, conspirators, anti-national, etc., except themselves. https://adrindia.org/
The new election laws which came into place in 2018 take the cake! Modi has put in place what are called Election Bonds which are in the following denominations; $13 (Rs.1,000), $133, $1,333, $13,333 and $133,333 (Rs. One Crore). Any Indian citizen with a PAN card can purchase any amount towards helping a specific political party. There is absolutely no transparency whatsoever, as the bank(s) do not have to divulge who the purchaser was of the Election Bond, thereby opening the floodgates of untaxed/unaccounted money to find a safe passage to help the ruling party. In the previous election out of $186 million funds raised, over 73% were received by BJP to elect Modi.
Furthermore, the Indian government is always quick to point out the ‘foreign hand or foreign meddling’ in any issue they do not like, yet the same election law enacted in 2018 allows any foreign entity to purchase Election Bonds, freely. Very strange indeed, as this is not only allowing any foreign government but any crooked crony capitalist who want to curry massive favors to freely indulge in skewing the election results. Example: Amazon or Walmart can use this legal loophole to take advantage and help elect the government they want and change the entire market in their own favor. That is exactly what the special interest corporate monopolistic traders like Ambanis and Adnanis have already done. No wonder Modi has no intention of backing down from the three ‘Farmers Laws’ even though they spell the death knell for all ordinary Indians.
While most western countries by design still use paper votes rather than electronic voting machines (EVM) from local to national elections, India has used the EVMs in 2014 and 2018 giving Modi of the RSS/BJP a landslide win. The EVMs were manufactured in Japan where they still use paper votes, but today the genie is out of the bottle. The RSS/BJP party’s incredible deception has been publicized by the alternate media, as to how they have refigured the EVM software to give extra votes to BJP regardless of who the constituent voted for, making millions of bogus votes favoring the current incumbent for high office.
These unbelievable frauds being perpetrated on a grand scale on Indian citizens are the reasons why more Indians are waking up and supporting this particular farmers’ protests.
From a purely farmer led protest by Sikhs of Punjab, today this massive public dissent has become a people’s movement of all concerned Indians who understand that a gargantuan swindle is being perpetuated on them by the Modi government, which will put over a billion Indians on the street who will literally starve.
Just one of the three diabolical ‘Farmers’ Laws’ known as ‘The Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill, 2020’ should terrify all Indians. This law will affect all Indians, the rich but especially the poor who are over a billion.
- Hoarding of essential commodities is a crime at the moment. The new law will remove commodities such as onions, tomatoes, etc., out of the law of hoarding unless there is a major calamity like a war. In essence a procurer could hoard an unlimited supply of perishable and non-perishables and charge an exorbitant price legally and face no backlash.
- On non-perishable items such as oil, beans, and other grains the price limit will be at least 50% price rise. In other words, the procurer could raise the price by 49% every year without any penalties whatsoever.
- On perishable items such as fruits and vegetables the price limit will be at least 100%, allowing the wholesaler/retailer full rein to raise the prices by 99% every year without consequences.
Principally prices would skyrocket in geometric progression on all essential food commodities within a very short period, that over a billion Indians would not be able to afford basic food, completely destabilizing the economy, worsening the inflation, very quickly Indians will be on the streets and potentially creating serious civil unrest at a national scale.
The current status-quo of ‘goonda-raj combined with crony capitalism’ has been taken to the extreme and must be reined in immediately before the drivers of Hindutva take the country down the slippery slope of no return, because then they will have no choice, but to blame the Hindutvadis and not any other!